The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the system have proper testing coverage, overall system reliability, and performance and quality, in compliance with the system development cycle. The Quality Assurance Analyst will work closely with the development and business teams within a dynamic agile environment in order to deliver effective and efficient testing solutions. This will be accomplished by meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables within deadlines, while adhering to quality standards. The Quality Assurance Analyst is a proactive self-starter who takes the initiative to get the job done.
- Works closely with developers and product owners to review and approve requirements and user stories.
- Performs manual and automated testing that ensures product integrity and improves automation framework.
- Identifies coding problems across the system and reports them through the tracking system in a timely manner.
- Analyzes testing needs, develops testing strategy and plans, and tests cases.
- Conducts integration testing, user acceptance testing, and automation testing.
- Participates in the creation of quality assurance standards and makes recommendations for changes to the processing systems.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies relating to testing and web development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three years experience in a related role(s). Experience with web testing required.
- Experience with manual testing, and creating test scripts and cases.
- Experience working within an agile environment an asset.
- Knowledge of the QA process, and testing disciplines and methodologies.
- Ability to write SQL queries and analyze results to validate application functionality.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent technical and troubleshooting techniques.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Proficient in SQL Database and bug testing tools
- Sitting for long periods of time operating a computer.
- Flexibility to work longer hours during high volume periods.
This position is based at our headquarters located in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Magentrix, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.